- On June 12, 2020
IBA's Reopening Plan | COVID-19 Q & A
We are excited to reopen our offices at IBA! Please note that we will be scheduling meetings by appointment only. Read here to learn more about our scheduling and safety protocols.
Q: Is IBA reopening?
A: Yes, IBA will be reopening slowly over the next couple months.
Starting on Monday, June 15th:
- IBA’s offices will be open during core hours of 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- All meetings and visits by residents and community members, including to Property Management, will be by appointment only.
- IBA’s preschool is planning on reopening June 29th with reduced capacity.
- Resident Services Staff will also be scheduling limited appointments from 9:00am – 3:00pm.
These plans are subject to change based on the ongoing public health situation.
Q: How is IBA keeping staff and residents safe as it reopens?
A: The safety of all members of IBA’s community continues to be the organization’s biggest priority. As IBA reopens, the organization will be taking these steps:
- Continuing increased cleaning and disinfecting of community common areas
- Expanding ability to pay rent online
- Minimizing in person interactions as much as possible
Although some of IBA’s staff will be on site starting June 15th, most employees will still be working remotely and reporting to the office only as necessary. Employees that are coming to the office will be following a staggered, rotating schedule, ensuring that offices and/or floors are not overcrowded, and will maintain social distancing.
Following health and safety guidance:
- All employees, clients, and visitors are expected to maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet
- All staff, clients, and visitors will be required to wear a face mask when not in their individual offices
- Employees are required to perform a self-heath screening each day when arriving to work, and verify that they are fit for duty
- Anybody exhibiting any of the following symptoms will not be allowed to enter IBA offices or common program spaces:
- Temperature greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills, repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle Pain or Tiredness
- Headache, sore throat and/or loss of taste of smell
- Any IBA employee scheduling a meeting with a client or visitor is required to share safety protocols with them at time of scheduling
- Health screening questions will be posted at all entrances and signs will be posted in the building to remind staff, clients, and visitors of necessary hygiene practices.
- IBA will be cleaning and disinfecting all high touch surfaces throughout the day, staff will be given the necessary supplies to clean and disinfect their personal workspaces
- IBA’s Preschool will be following guidance specifically laid out by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
Q: If I have a meeting at IBA or with any IBA program staff, what are the safety protocols I need to follow?
A: All IBA clients and visitors are required to meet the following safety guidelines:
- Wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth and follows public health guidance
- Answer health screening questions upon entry to the offices
- Rescheduling the meeting if answering yes to any of the following questions:
- Are you showing any signs of one or more of the following symptoms? Temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain or tiredness, headache, sore throat and/or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had known exposure to persons with COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
Q: What happens if there is a COVID-19 exposure at IBA?
A: If there is a COVID-19 exposure, the following steps will be taken:
- The person who failed the health screening or becomes ill will be asked to leave immediately.
- A Critical Incident Report will be completed.
- Trained personnel will disinfect any spaces/surfaces touched by the individual. If needed, management will close offices and activate emergency closing procedures.
- Human Resources will identify and notify all persons who may have been in contact with an individual who has exhibited symptoms of illness and has reported positive test for Covid-19.
Q: How do I make an appointment at IBA?
A: Please reach out to your program contact to set up a meeting. If you’re unsure who to reach out to, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 617-927-1707.
Q: What is happening to IBA’s summer events like Festival Betances and Tito Puente Latin Music Series?
A: IBA is working on plans to hold these events virtually this summer, ensuring that our traditions continue even during the unprecedented times. Be sure to check back for more information in the coming weeks to learn how you can participate!...