Arts Performance Manager Part-TimePart Time Hourly
POSITION: Arts Performance Manager (Part-Time - 25 hours)
RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THIS POSITION IS FILLED
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Performance Manager is responsible for executing IBA's music programming and performances. They will create year around performance that focus on IBA's Latinx Arts and cultural programs. They are responsible for promoting performance events. Reports to Director of Arts.
- Plans, manages and executes booking talent for IBA Arts, and other programs as needed.
- Works closely with the Director of Arts to build a realistic and sustainable performance budget.
- Conducts local, national, and international call-to-artists.
- Reviews of all submitted works/portfolios from artists interested in performance.
- Interviews candidates for performance consideration.
- Recommends artists performance for final approval.
- Negotiates and generates artist contract for execution.
- Manages and executes of all logistics for the performance.
- Follows facility policies, procedures, and regulations at all times.
- Creates and maintains accurate performance calendar at least 12 months in advance.
- In collaboration with the Director of Arts, Communication and Marketing team, manages the development and production of marketing material for the performance events.
- Represents the organization at meetings as needed.
- In collaboration with Marketing Team, promotes the performances.
- Ensures timely submission of artists information for appropriate marketing.
- In collaboration with the Director of Arts and the CPO, develops year round work plans, objectives and targets based on Program's outcomes and IBA's mission and overall strategy.
- Collaborates with Arts team to align and support programming efforts.
- Identifies and manages opportunities to integrate performing artists with other IBA programs.
- Attends trainings, forums, and conferences to promote arts events.
- Fosters partnerships and relationships with other community-based organizations and cultural partners among others to enhance the performance and art educational component.
- Aligns program partnerships to ensure that IBA has a consistent strong network.
- Represents the agency at internal and external meetings as needed.
- Maintains data collection, tracking and reporting regarding artists, audience participation, and program outputs, outcomes.
- Participates fully in the organization's annual events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, and other events related to the community.
- Carries out ad hoc duties as needed.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Arts Administration, Music Business management preferred or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred.
- Strong administrative, organizational skills and attentive to details.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data base software applications, required.
- Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Customer Services Oriented.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
- Familiarity with budget management.
- Ability to work 25 hours.
If you are passionate about preserving and promoting Puerto Rican arts and culture, we invite you to apply for the Puerto Rican Arts in Residence Coordinator position. Please submit your resume, a cover letter, and a portfolio showcasing your relevant experience to email@example.com
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
IBA is proud to offer very competitive hourly wage of $42.00 an hour or $54,600 annualized, commensurate with experience, and a robust benefit plan that includes an 80/20 premium cost share for comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance; a generous HRA provided by the company ($9,100 or $18,200 based on single and family coverage) and other built in supports that significantly reduces or eliminates out of pocket medical expenses. We offer a 403b plan with annual employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
If you are passionate about preserving and promoting Puerto Rican arts and culture, we invite you to apply for the Puerto Rican Arts in Residence Coordinator position.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to: ibaboston.isolvedhire.com