Arts Program Director
|Position:||Arts Program Director|
|FLSA Classification:||Part-time Exempt|
|Supervisor:||Reports to the Senior Program Director|
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción is a dynamic community development corporation in Boston’s South End. IBA’s mission is to empower and engage individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director is responsible for guiding the strategic direction and growth of the Arts program and oversee the implementation of an existing mission-driven business plan to ensure its programmatic sustainability. The Director oversees staff, venue operations, marketing and communication, programmatic, financial, and artistic development of the Arts Programs and is responsible for managing the Arts team.
This position is for you if you:
- Are passionate and knowledgeable about Latino arts programming.
- Want to be part of a mission-based organization serving the culturally diverse needs and interests of IBA’s community residents.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate and engage people of various backgrounds and interests.
- Have a customer service mind-set with strong commitment to timely follow-through.
- Appreciate the importance of program evaluations and financial success metrics.
- Are able to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Are well organized and detailed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the work of the Arts Program in the Galleria, Studios and external venues.
- Manage administrative and operational systems for the arts program; ensure compliance with financial, legal, safety and other regulatory requirements related to the licenses, among others.
- Oversee the attainment of goals in the areas of revenue generation, external venue agreements, audience engagement within the specified timeframe.
- Integrate and collaborate with IBA’s staff to promote programmatic objectives within our organizational mission.
- Ensure that marketing and communication deadlines are met in order to better promote the program and events.
- Support partnerships with local colleges, organizations and artists to help produce high caliber arts programming.
- Work with Senior Program Director and Chief Development Officer in supporting fundraising activities, including grant writing and reporting, among others.
- Work closely with IBA’s CEO, COO, CFO and Senior Program Director to build a realistic and sustainable budget, developing specific performance measures and holding staff accountable for results.
- In collaboration with the Senior Program Director, develop and present program proposals for approval that support the objectives and targets of IBA’s mission and overall strategy.
- Prepare reports as required by IBA’s Board of Directors, our funding sources, Finance, and others as needed.
- Work towards increasing audience engagement, including Villa Victoria residents.
- Work collaboratively with Program Directors, Senior Program Director in integrating arts into IBA’s program curricula.
- Manage artistic offerings in alignment with IBA’s mission and values.
- Maintain monthly and annual data regarding client participation, length of stays in program, outputs, outcomes, etc.
- Manage data collection, tracking and reporting.
- In collaboration with the Marketing team, drive the development and production of written marketing materials for the program, including webpages and press releases, among others.
- Represent the organization at meetings as needed.
- Participate in all Arts and other events
- Monthly Staff and Executive Team meetings
- Ad hoc duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Arts Administration or related field
- Three to five years of demonstrated success in planning, managing and implementing art programs activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred.
- Strong administrative, organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks accurately and within deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Experience with program evaluation, data collection and analysis.
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data base software application required.
- Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Customer Services Oriented.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción / Job Postings
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: /jobs