Chief Development Officer
POSITION: CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (Full-Time/Exempt)
RESUME & COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA) empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high quality affordable housing, education and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Chief Development Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and managing strategies that increase, diversify and sustain philanthropic support for IBA from individuals, foundations, corporations, and the government. S/he identifies, develops and fosters relationships with all donors. S/he is responsible for overseeing the conceptualization, organization and implementation of the annual fundraising campaign, marketing and communication plan and for developing appropriate strategies to meet annual goals. S/he is responsible for grants strategy, forecasting and management. S/he coordinates special campaigns and manages donor database in Salesforce. S/he assists with all publicity and marketing efforts to advance organizational visibility, including special events and promotions. S/he works closely with the CEO, COO, CFO, Senior Program Director and executive staff to ensure revenue generation is keeping pace with programmatic, capital and operating needs. The Chief Development Officer reports to CEO.
Fund Development and Fundraising Campaigns
- Develops, implements and manages annual fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with current and prospective donors and funders.
- Supports CEO’s ability to cultivate and solicit major donors.
- Secures financial support from individuals including major donors, foundations, corporations and government sources.
- Conducts research to expand and diversify donor base/pipeline.
- Works closely with other members of IBA’s leadership team to build an organization-wide fundraising culture.
- Manages fundraising events and solicitations (e.g. appeals, Festival Betances, etc.).
- Manages capital campaigns, including engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms, as necessary.
- Maintains and annual calendar of current and prospective supporter engagement “touch points” and oversees their execution.
Planning, Writing and Reporting
- In collaboration with CEO, COO and CFO, develops and implements a financial strategy to ensure revenue meets the budgetary requirements of all programs.
- Oversees the development and execution of grant proposals and reports with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Works with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches.
- Works with Grant Writer, Program Directors/Managers and Senior Program Director to ensure that grants and reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- Works closely and communicates regularly with CFO and Finance department to manage grants and gifts.
- Takes the lead on generating the Annual Report.
Marketing and Communications
- Oversees the strategy for all communications, public image and public relations messages and collaterals to articulate the organization’s mission within brand guidelines.
- Oversees marketing and public relations consultants to heighten awareness of IBA’s programs and events as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Oversees the development of the content and design of all print and electronic marketing materials, including but not limited to: Website, newsletters, social media, program brochures, and press releases, among others.
Data Aggregation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Oversees all data entry including gift processing and management of Salesforce database.
- Ensures seamless integration of Salesforce with IBA’s website donation portals, mobile giving and MailChimp.
- Reviews dashboard at least weekly and fundraising goals at least monthly; analyzes trend and gaps.
- Prepares monthly fundraising report for Senior Management Team and Board.
- Works with all staff on aggregating information on potential donors and funders, communicating leads with Advancement staff and ensuring such data are entered into Salesforce for timely follow-up.
- Supervises, trains and mentors Grant Writer.
- Trains and supports Board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
- Participates fully in the organization’s annual events (Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances) and other community events.
- Ensures efficient fundraising processes.
- Carries out ad hoc duties, as needed.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, business, social/human services or related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of demonstrated success in planning, managing, implementing, and securing funds, especially major gifts.
- Supervisory experience
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and PowerPoint required.
- Ample experience with Salesforce or other CRMs required.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, with the necessary attention to details to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward and on time.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to handle a high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Experience working in an urban community with a diverse population.
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter and one writing sample (3 pages maximum) to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: /jobs