Community Building Coordinator
POSITION: COMMUNITY BUILDING COORDINATOR (Full-Time/Non-Exempt)
RESUME & COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Community Building Coordinator is responsible to outreach, advocate and collaborate with all programs and property management to maximize stable tenancy of residents and increase empowerment opportunities for residents and clients through IBA programing. S/he is also responsible for involving and supporting clients to participate in programing opportunities, maintaining systems for reporting on outcome progress as well as informing decisions about program expansion. S/he is an outgoing, solution-oriented professional committed to improving the quality of life by providing programmatic opportunities to residents and participants. S/he will also be able impact other communities in South End and Lower Roxbury. Reports to Resident Services Program Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates initiatives that maximize stable tenancy and increase programmatic opportunities to all Villa Victoria residents.
- Collaborates with all programs and property management in order to carry out initiatives.
- Implements effective communication strategies to educate and engage residents in: programmatic opportunities, community events and other relevant activities.
- Provides guidance and supports development opportunities that enable individual and social capital growth.
- Works closely with the Director of IBA’s Resident Services Program to ensure that residents of Villa Victoria participate in the development of programing and activities for the community.
- Works closely with the Director of IBA’s Preschool Program to support families and children that are not currently receiving child care voucher or subsidies for their children and qualify to apply for those services.
- Works closely with IBA’s College and Workforce Program Staff to enroll families into the program to increase their education levels and gain workforce readiness skills as needed.
- Supports directors to increase program participation from Villa Victoria residents by 50%.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with residents with the goal of integrating them into IBA programs, community building activities and other organizing initiatives aligned to IBA’s mission.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with key neighborhood groups and social service organizations in order to maximize resources available for residents and clients.
- Follows up, promotes, reaches out and champions available opportunities for all IBA programs.
- Assists in meeting with new residents, typically within the first month of move-in for orientation to programs, services and to the neighborhood.
- In collaboration with the Senior Program Director, develops work plan, objectives and targets for the program based on IBA’s mission and overall strategy.
- Collaborates with all programs as required to grow and develop the program.
- Attends trainings, forums, and conferences for professional growth.
- Fosters partnerships and relationships with other community-based organizations and businesses among others to enhance program growth.
- Aligns program partnerships to ensure that IBA has a consistent strong network.
- Represents the agency at internal and external meetings as needed.
- Participates fully on the organization of annual Agency events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, Annual meeting, and other events related to the community.
- Carries out ad hoc duties as needed to ensure IBA maintains its effectiveness.
- Maintains monthly and annual data regarding client participants.
- Supports team in data collection, tracking and reporting.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in social work or related area. Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Two or more years’ equivalent work experience in the area of social work, social science, community relations, organizing and planning.
- Experience working in community-based settings, knowledge/prior relationship with South End/Lower Roxbury neighborhood, preferred.
- Experience in partnership management and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English or Chinese-English, required.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and attentive to details.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing & spreadsheet required. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Customer Services Oriented.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: /jobs