Director of Resident Services Program
RESUME & COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers individuals through education, workforce development and arts programs and creates vibrant affordable housing communities.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Resident Services is responsible for managing and overseeing the daily programmatic operations of the Resident Services Program, staff supervision and all managing efforts that involve the integration of residents into IBA’s Resident Services Program, and other IBA programs when applicable. S/he is responsible for promoting programs and efforts that enhance our residents’ quality of life and help build healthy communities and to enhance the ability of residents to uphold their lease obligations, such as paying rent on time, taking proper care of the unit, and ensuring quiet enjoyment of the property for all residents and surrounding neighbors. S/he ensures the provision of program support and/or intervention for individuals and families through the coordination of community resources. S/he provides case management to ensure the participants access support services. Reports to the Senior Program Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management & Operation
- Supervises and coordinates the work of the Resident Services Team.
- Oversees, coordinates and manages the case management caseload.
- Supervises the needs assessment of residents at intake and prepares an action plan for information, referral and follow up.
- Assists clients to access resources to develop and maintain active support systems within IBA and the community.
- Develops programs, services and activities that educate, enable and empower residents.
- Works with residents to sustain their tenancy through compliance with their leases as well as property rules and regulations.
- Serves as liaison between residents and the Property Management Team and reports on progress and action plans with residents who have been referred.
- Serves as an advocate for all residents, interpreting and upholding Tenants’ Rights and other housing related policies.
- Meets with new residents, typically within the first month of move-in, for orientation to programs, services, and to the neighborhood.
- Involves clients in shaping plans and making decisions that affect them.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client records in accordance with the case management protocols and IBA’s policy.
- Recognizes and respects individual differences and supports a culturally diverse atmosphere.
- Maintains a system of addressing resident concerns as outlined by IBA’s policy and procedures manual.
- Coordinates social programs, activities, and outreach in collaboration with other IBA programs and the Property Management Team.
- Directs the organization of recreational and/or educational trips and activities, as well as health services and training workshops.
- Refers residents to local and federal resources and agencies servicing children, youth, families, and elders, including crisis intervention services when needed.
- In collaboration with the Community Building Coordinators, conducts outreach, advocate and collaborate with all programs and property management to maximize stable tenancy of residents and increase empowerment opportunities for residents and clients through IBA programing.
- Involves residents and elders in the community to increase participation in all IBA programming.
- Prepares the necessary management reports as required by IBA’s Board of Directors, our funding sources, Finance, and others as needed.
- Works with Senior Program Director and the Director of Institutional Advancement to increase fundraising, grant writing, and reporting, among others.
- Works closely with IBA’s CEO, COO, CFO and Senior Program Director to build a realistic and sustainable budget, developing specific performance measures and holding staff accountable for results.
- In collaboration with the Senior Program Director, develops a work plan, objectives, and targets for the program based on IBA’s mission and overall strategy.
Data Monitoring & Evaluation
- Maintains daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual data regarding client participation, service delivery, referrals, outputs, outcomes, etc.
- Supports his/her team in data collection, tracking, and reporting.
- In collaboration with the Marketing team, drives the development and production of program marketing materials, including, but not limited to, annual reports, webpages, press releases and brochures, among others to increase visibility of the program.
- Represents the organization at meetings as needed.
- Participates fully in the organization’s annual Agency events: Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, and other events related to the community.
- Carries out ad hoc duties.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, preferred.
- Licensed Social Worker, preferred.
- Experience working with low-income individuals and diverse communities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to be articulate, persuasive and compassionate in presenting a case for funding.
- Proven record of working with communities, the elderly, and volunteers.
- Supervisory experience, preferred.
- Experience in partnership management and development.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, and attentive to details.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- Experience with program evaluation, data collection and analysis.
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data base software applications, required.
- Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Customer Services Oriented.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción / Job Postings
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: /jobs