Early Education Part-Time Assistant Cook
Organization: Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, Inc.
Location: Boston, MA
FLSA Classification: Non - Exempt
Supervisor: Early Education Director
MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO WORK 25+ HOURS AT ANYTIME & ABLE TO OPEN/CLOSE AT ANYTIME
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción is a dynamic community development corporation in Boston's South End. IBA's mission is to empower and engage individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
This position is for you if you:
- Want to be part of a mission-driven organization serving the evolving needs of Boston's Puerto Rican and Latino-identified community
- Have prior food service experience
- Are SafeServe certified
- Are customer service oriented
- Enjoy working with children
- Like working collaboratively
- Have a passion for cooking
- Want to be part of a mission-driven organization
- Have a flexible schedule
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Prepare all children's meals.
- Maintain kitchen and related equipment safely and hygienically.
- Order food and supplies.
- Dispense and store medication as requested.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation according to KinderCare Education and other licensing or regulation requirements.
- Help with and take responsibility for other daily center duties, as needed.
- Support and partner with center staff and leadership to help achieve program goals.
- Understand the needs of children with food allergies and the proper food storage and methods to avoid cross contamination.
- Follow nutritious menus and prepare sufficient quantities for center population.
- Participate in IBA's annual events i.e. Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Festival Betances and other community events.
- Other duties, assigned as needed.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Must meet CORI requirement
- Experience in food service, ideally in a school setting
- SafeServe certification
- Certified in First Aid and CPR for children
- Computer literate
- Spanish / English bilingual spoken and written
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Good moral character, mature judgment and strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Customer service oriented
- Able to work flexible schedule
- Ability to work past 25 hours if necessary
- Ability to open/close at anytime
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
IBA is proud to offer very competitive starting pay of $22.00 an hour, commensurate with experience, and a robust benefit plan that includes an 80/20 premium cost share for comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance; a generous HRA provided by the company $9,100 or $18,200 based on single and family coverage) and other built in supports that significantly reduces or eliminates out of pocket medical expenses. We offer a 403b plan with annual employer contribution, generous paid time off.
IBA is located in Boston's historic South End in the multiculturally rich community of Villa Victoria. We value teamwork and collaboration, believe in developing leaders and foster a culture of excellence. Our commitment to inclusion, equity, empowerment and community building is inherent in IBA's mission, imbedded in our values and demonstrated in the ways we work together to achieve mission impact and outcome goal.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to: ibaboston.isolvedhire.com
As an EOE/AA employer, IBA will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.