Financial Empowerment Coordinator
POSITION: FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT COORDINATOR (Full-time/Non-Exempt)
RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THIS POSITION IS FILLED
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Financial Empowerment Coordinator responsible for providing a supportive environment for clients by assisting them in the development and modification of their financial goals. S/he is responsible for delivering financial security, and asset and credit building coaching services to community members, residents, and program participants. S/he evaluates progress and tracks outcomes. S/he provides ongoing financial coaching, support and guidance to support clients set and reach their financial goals. S/he teaches financial empowerment workshops. S/he develops and maintains working relationships with community partners, IBA staff, and team members to promote and support the program. Reports to Director of the College and Financial Empowerment Program.
- Provides financial coaching services and activities generally focused on goal setting, budgeting, credit building and identifying opportunities to increase savings and income and reduce debt.
- Develops financial plans with clients to assist them in attaining their goals.
- Provides individualized assistance to clients to address challenges, find solutions, and regularly meet to discuss progress, attendance and other challenges that may interfere them meet their goals.
- Coordinates advising, referral support, bridging programs, and other activities designed to enhance financial empowerment, and asset building.
- Leads and promotes rent tracking, asset-building curriculum, facilitates trainings, workshops, seminars and events on financial empowerment.
- Participates in financial empowerment program planning, implementation, curriculum design and evaluation to assess outcomes and impact.
- Keeps immediate supervisor well informed of activities, results of efforts and problems identified/ potential problems; recommends corrective action plan.
DATA AND MONITORING
- Identifies trends, action plan, referrals and follow up.
- Support with data management that enable high quality, accurate data collection, entry and integration.
- Accurately and efficiently transcribes relevant program data into Salesforce.
- Conducts outreach, recruitment, information and intake to potential students year round.
- Establishes linkages with other local community organizations, agencies and social service providers as well as create and maintain referral processes with service providers.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding measurable goals for participation and outcomes.
- Represents IBA at meetings as needed.
- Supports Director with grant reporting, admin tasks and participation in events for all IBA programs and administration.
- Assists with the operation of IBA’s Community Technology Center, opening/closing, schedule, providing/arranging coverage, maintenance, user information, security, privacy, data integrity, use of licenses and compliance, as needed.
- Participates fully in the organization’s annual events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, and other events related to the community.
- Carries out ad hoc duties as needed.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s in Education, Social Science, Finance or related field preferred
- Two or more years of direct experience providing instruction and youth development to urban youth in community-based organizations, particularly in the area of financial coaching.
- Demonstrated knowledge with personal financial concepts and coaching
- Knowledge and experience working with low-income, ethnically diverse communities required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skill, required
- Experience working with educationally underserved learners, preferred
- Ability to translate executive-level organizational goals into specific program initiatives
- Must be extremely organized and demonstrate attention to detail
- Must demonstrate a positive and productive attitude
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population
- Strong writing skills
- Public speaking and facilitation skills, preferred
- Customer Service oriented
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: /jobs