Financial Empowerment Coordinator
POSITION: FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT COORDINATOR (Full-time/Non-Exempt)
RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THIS POSITION IS FILLED
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Financial Empowerment Coordinator (FEC) is responsible for providing a supportive environment for clients by assisting them in the development and modification of their financial goals. The FEC is responsible for helping clients achieve financial security through asset and credit building and individual coaching services provided to community members, residents, and program participants. The FEC evaluates participant’s progress and tracks outcomes through ongoing financial coaching, support and guidance to set and reach their financial goals. The FEC develops the content and teaches financial empowerment workshops. The FEC sources external resources, develops and maintains working relationships with community partners and IBA staff to promote and support the program. The FEC reports to Director of College and Financial Empowerment Program.
- Provides financial coaching services and activities generally focused on goal setting, budgeting, credit building and identifying opportunities to increase savings and income and reduce debt.
- Develops financial plans with clients to assist them in attaining their goals.
- Provides individualized assistance to clients to address challenges, find solutions, and regularly meet to discuss progress, attendance and other challenges that may interfere them meet their goals.
- Coordinates advising, referral support, bridging programs, and other activities designed to enhance financial empowerment, and asset building.
- Leads and promotes rent tracking, asset-building curriculum, facilitates trainings, workshops, seminars and events on financial empowerment.
- Participates in financial empowerment program planning, implementation, curriculum design and evaluation to assess outcomes and impact.
- Keeps immediate supervisor well informed of activities, results of efforts and problems identified/ potential problems; recommends corrective action plan.
DATA AND MONITORING
- Identifies trends, action plan, referrals and follow up.
- Support with data management that enable high quality, accurate data collection, entry and integration.
- Accurately and efficiently transcribes relevant program data into Salesforce.
- Conducts outreach, recruitment, information and intake to potential students year round.
- Establishes linkages with other local community organizations, agencies and social service providers as well as create and maintain referral processes with service providers.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding established targets for program participation and outcomes
- Represents IBA at meetings as needed.
- Supports Director with grant, reporting, admin task, and participation for events for all IBA programs and administration.
- Assists with the operation of IBA’s Community Technology Center, opening/closing, schedule, providing/arranging coverage, maintenance, user information, security, privacy, data integrity, use of licenses and compliance, as needed.
- Participates fully in the organization’s annual events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, and other events related to the community.
- Carries out ad hoc duties as needed.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s in Education, Social Science, Finance or related field preferred
- Two or more years of direct experience providing instruction and coaching in community-based organizations, particularly in the area of financial coaching.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal finance concepts and coaching.
- Knowledge and experience working with low-income, ethnically diverse communities required.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skill, required
- Experience working with educationally underserved learners, preferred
- Ability to translate executive-level organizational goals into specific program initiatives
- Must be extremely organized and demonstrate attention to detail
- Must demonstrate a positive and productive attitude
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population
- Strong writing skills
- Public speaking and facilitation skills, preferred
- Customer Service oriented
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: /jobs