Financial Empowerment DirectorFull Time
DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM (Full-Time)
Organization: Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, Inc.
Location: Boston, MA
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Supervisor: Chief Program Officer
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción is a dynamic community development corporation in Boston’s South End. IBA’s mission is to empower and engage individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
This position is for you if you:
- Want to be part of a mission-driven organization serving the evolving needs of Boston’s Puerto Rican and Latino-identified community.
- Want to oversee daily operations and the direct supervision of program staff providing financial counseling and coaching as a pathway to social and economic mobility by achieving financial goals, and economic prosperity.
- Know how to craft new ways of doing things and comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Go the extra mile to achieve the program and the organization’s goals.
- Can prioritize competing interests, juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES
Management & Operations
- Provides direct management and oversight of the program based on IBA’s mission and overall strategy.
- Directs supervision and coordination of the program staff and volunteers providing financial expertise and coaching as a pathway to social and economic mobility by achieving financial SMART goals, and economic prosperity. Supervises staff’s client caseload.
- Directs, manages, coordinates and provides activities that educate, empower and connect clients to financial opportunities and community asset building.
- Manages all aspects of program components (rent track, financial coaching, community asset building etc.) including program design, work plan, budget, space use, planning, implementation, outreach, orientation, curriculum review, course delivery, financial products etc.
- Manages and coordinates programs to be offered onsite and remotely.
- Assists clients in accessing resources to develop and maintain active support systems within IBA programs and the community.
- Oversee outreach, client enrollment, and retention.
- Recognizes inclusiveness ad respects individual differences supporting a culturally diverse workgroup.
- Works with the Chief Program Officer and Chief Financial Officer to build a realistic and sustainable budget, developing specific performance measures and holding staff accountable for results and with Chief Development Officer on fundraising, grant writing, reporting, marketing and communication.
- Enforces confidentiality of all records in accordance with IBA’s policy.
- Supports staff in data collection, tracking, and analyzing and reporting.
- Maintains data regarding client’s outcome/outputs and staff key performance indicators (KPI).
- Implements program logic model ensuring outputs / outcomes and client’s goals are met.
- Identifies new financial products, trends, action plans, referrals and follow up.
- Prepares the necessary management reports as required by IBA’s Board of Directors, funding sources, Finance, and others as needed.
- Serves as liaison between IBA and external partners.
- Develops collaboration and partnerships to expand program impact and presence in the field.
- Participates fully in the organization’s annual events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, and other events related to the community.
- Others duties as may be directed and needed.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Certified Financial Planner, preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in non-profit or other related organization; staff supervision, budget development / financial management and working knowledge of issues facing urban low-income, and Limited English Proficient (LEP) communities.
- Experience with asset building, financial education / coaching or housing counseling; preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including public speaking.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks accurately and within deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Strong administrative, organizational skills and attention to details.
- Experience with program evaluation, data collection and analysis. High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of spreadsheet and data base software application i.e. Salesforce is required.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, with the ability to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a high-pressure environment with timeline.
- Good moral character and integrity, strong sense of confidentiality, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Customer Service oriented.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
IBA is proud to offer very competitive $90,000 salary, commensurate with experience, and a robust benefit plan that includes an 80/20 premium cost share for comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance; a generous HRA provided by the company ($8,550 or $17,100 based on single and family coverage) and other built in supports that significantly reduces or eliminates out of pocket medical expenses. We offer a 401K plan with annual employer contribution, generous paid time off and free parking (limited availability).
IBA is located in Boston’s historic South End in the multiculturally rich community of Villa Victoria. We value teamwork and collaboration, believe in developing leaders and foster a culture of excellence. Our commitment to inclusion, equity, empowerment and community building is inherent in IBA’s mission, imbedded in our values and demonstrated in the ways we work together to achieve mission impact and outcome goal.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to: ibaboston.isolvedhire.com
As an EOE/AA employer, IBA will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.