Financial Empowerment Program Coordinator
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Full-Time/On-Site)
Organization: Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, Inc.
Location: Boston, MA
FLSA Classification: Non - Exempt
Supervisor: Financial Empowerment Program Director
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción is a dynamic community development corporation in Boston’s South End. IBA’s mission is to empower and engage individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
This position is for you if you:
- Want to be part of a mission-driven organization serving the evolving needs of Boston’s Puerto Rican and Latino-identified community.
- Want to help clients achieve financial security with asset and credit building through individual coaching services provided to community members, residents and program participants.
- Can evaluate progress and track outcomes through ongoing financial coaching, support and guidance to set and reach client’s goals
- Can development and teach financial empowerment workshops, source external resources, develop and maintain relationships with commumnity partners and IBA staff to promote and support the program
- Go the extra mile to achieve the program and the organization’s goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Provides financial coaching services and activities generally focused on goals setting, budgeting, credit building and identifying opportunities to increase savings, income and reduce debt.
- Develops financial plans with clients to assist them in attaining their goals.
- Provides individualized assistance to clients to address challenges, find solutions, and regularly meet to discuss progress, attendance and other challenges that may interfere with meeting goals.
- Coordinates advising, referral support, bridging programs, and other activities designed to enhance financial empowerment, and asset building.
- Leads and promotes rent tracking, asset building curriculum, facilitates trainings, workshops, seminars and events on financial empowerment.
- Participates in financial empowerment program planning, implementation, curriculum design and evaluation to assess outcomes and impact.
- Keeps immediate Supervisor well informed of activities, results of efforts and problems and action plans.
DATA AND MONITORING
- Identifies trends, action plans, referrals and follow up.
- Support with data management that enable high quality, accurate data collection, entry and integration.
- Accurately and efficiently transcribe relevant program data into Salesforce.
OUTREACH / EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION
- Conducts outreach, recruitment, information and intake to potential students year-round.
- Establishes linkages with other local community organization, agencies and social service providers as well as create and maintain referral processes with service providers.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding established targets for program participation and outcomes.
- Represent IBA at meetings as needed.
- Supports Program Director with grants, reporting, admin tasks and general program participation.
- Participate in IBA’s annual events: Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances and other community events.
- Ad hoc duties ad needed.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, finance or related field preferred.
- Two or more years of direct experience providing instructions and coaching in community-based organizations, particularly in the area of financial coaching.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal finance concepts and coaching.
- Knowledge and experience working with low-income, ethnically diverse communities is required.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish – verbal and written - is required. Strong writing skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Experience working with educationally underserved learners is preferred
- Ability to translate executive-level organization goals into specific program initiatives.
- Must be extremely organized and demonstrate attention to details.
- Must demonstrate a positive and productive attitude.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Public speaking and facilitation skills
- Customer service oriented
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$65,000 salary (annualized). Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account (FSA) ; a generous HRA plan provided by IBA ($8,700 or $17,400 based on single or family coverage) for out-of-pocket medical expenses; 401K plan with annual employer contribution; generous amount of paid time off and free parking (based on availability)
IBA is located in Boston’s historic South End in the multiculturally rich community of Villa Victoria. We value teamwork and collaboration, believe in developing leaders and foster a culture of excellence. Our commitment to inclusion, equity, empowerment and community building is inherent in IBA’s mission, imbedded in our values and demonstrated in the ways we work together to achieve mission impact and outcome goal.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to: ibaboston.isolvedhire.com
As an EOE/AA employer, IBA will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.