POSITION: GRANT WRITER (Full-Time/Non Exempt)
RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA) empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high quality affordable housing, education and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Grant Writer is responsible for supporting the Chief Development Officer by researching, writing, editing and submitting proposals, letters of inquiry, thank you letters, requests to sponsors and other correspondence. S/he will work as a member of a team responsible for increasing, diversifying and sustaining philanthropic support for IBA from foundations, individuals, corporations and government sources. S/he will organize electronic grant files, submit monthly reports and complete regular database entry. S/he will conduct funder prospect research on a regular basis. The Grant Writer reports to IBA’s Chief Development Officer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning, Writing and Reporting
- Researches, writes grant proposals, letters of inquiry, thank you letters, and reports to multiple funding sources.
- Researches potential corporations, foundations, and government sources of funding.
- Works with Chief Development Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Finance staff and Senior Program Director on grant prioritization and strategy.
- Meets with each Program Director at least bi-monthly to discuss upcoming deadlines, any programmatic updates and grant strategy.
- Supports the Chief Development Officer and Chief Executive Officer in their funder cultivation efforts.
- Keeps organized and accurate electronic files of all fundraising documents (grants, reports, letters, etc.)
- Prepares and sends grant acknowledgements in a timely fashion.
- Organizes materials for proposal submissions and submits.
- Miscellaneous office work including but not limited to photocopying and filing of documents.
- Enters and updates accurate grant information in Salesforce (funder information, proposals submitted, funds raised, deadlines, tasks, etc.) on a daily basis.
- Generates and disseminates fundraising reports (e.g. showing secured, pending, anticipated funding etc.) from Salesforce on a regular basis. These include but are not limited to tailored monthly reports for each Program Director and bi-weekly “30-60-90” report for Executive Team.
- Participates fully in staff meetings.
- Participates fully in the organization’s annual community and fundraising events.
- Carries out ad hoc duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (English, nonprofit management, business management, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in grant research and writing, including preparation and submission to federal and state agencies, foundations and corporations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred.
- Strong administrative, organizational skills, and attentive to details.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks accurately and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Experience working with Salesforce, preferred.
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and data base software application required.
- Good moral character, mature judgment, and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- 1 - 2 years of experience in grant granting, proposal development, preparation, and writing, including budget preparation and submission to federal and state agencies, foundations, and/or corporation, preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter and one writing sample (3 pages maximum) to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: /jobs