Human Resources DirectorFull Time
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR (Full-Time)
Organization: Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, Inc.
Location: Boston, MA
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Supervisor: Chief Program Officer
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción is a dynamic community development corporation in Boston’s South End. IBA’s mission is to empower and engage individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
This position is for you if you:
- Want to be part of a mission-driven organization serving the evolving needs of Boston’s Puerto Rican and Latino-identified community.
- Know how to craft new ways of doing things and comfortable in a dynamic , fast-paced environment.
- Recognize that an organization committed to engaging constituents must also deeply engage employees.
- Can prioritize competing interests, juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Do whatever it takes and go the extra mile-from participate on Leadership Team; to organizing activities, to visiting with front-line staff to better understating their experience working ant IBA, to interviewing job applicants and performing routine administrative tasks.
- Like to lead by influence rather than by command.
- Seek to identify and address conflict; support other’s ability to have difficult conversations.
- Understand that effective communication helps to facilitate transparency and accountability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization goal and strategy; develops an explicit HR philosophy that reflects organizational mission and values.
- Manages all HR functions in a manner that is aligned with that philosophy including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, compensation, benefits, professional development, employee relations, retention and compliance.
- Designs, implements and communicates values-aligned policies and practices.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs, develops and executes for recruitment to ensure vacancies are filled with hightly qualified staff.
- Onboards new employees, ensuring the staff have the information and tools they need to get up to speed quickly.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with organization policy.
- Ensures that IBA maintains a rich set of Benefits that meet evolving staff needs.
- Develops and implements compensation structure that is both internally equitable and competitive in the market.
- Works with managers and supervisors to maintain current and accurate job descriptions.
- Ensures that performances reviews are conducted constantly and that they support professional growth and development as well as excellence.
- Provides employee relations coaching and support to supervisors and staff; oversee performance and disciplinary issues.
- Leads the planning and coordination of employee appreciation and recognition activities.
- Ensures IBA’s compliance with employment regulations.
- Maintains employee records; generates offer letters, COBRA documentation and other forms of official correspondence.
- In collaboration with Finance staff ensures that payroll is accurately administered on a bi-weekly basis.
- Communicates regularly about HR and other matters that impact organizational culture and morale.
- Participates fully in the organization annual Agency events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Elections, Festival Betances, and other events related to the community.
- Other duties as may be directed and needed.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- At least eight years nonprofit HR experience with specific experience in employee relations, recruitment, performance management, creating and implementing policies, benefits including strong management and supervision.
- Experience in a nonprofit senior leadership role.
- Ability to connect with many type of people, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be transparent, supportive, collaborative and diplomatic in relationships with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated expertise in employment regulations and compliances issues.
- Sophisticated problem solving and analytical stills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks accurately and within deadlines.
- Good moral character and integrity, strong sense of confidentiality, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Experience and dedication working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Proven customer service orientation.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
IBA is proud to offer very competitive $90,000 salary, commensurate with experience, and a robust benefit plan that includes an 80/20 premium cost share for comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance; a generous HRA provided by the company ($8,550 or $17,100 based on single and family coverage) and other built in supports that significantly reduces or eliminates out of pocket medical expenses. We offer a 401K plan with annual employer contribution, generous paid time off and free parking (limited availability).
IBA is located in Boston’s historic South End in the multiculturally rich community of Villa Victoria. We value teamwork and collaboration, believe in developing leaders and foster a culture of excellence. Our commitment to inclusion, equity, empowerment and community building is inherent in IBA’s mission, imbedded in our values and demonstrated in the ways we work together to achieve mission impact and outcome goal.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to: ibaboston.isolvedhire.com
As an EOE/AA employer, IBA will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.