Institutional Advancement Coordinator
INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT COORDINATOR (Full-time, Non-Exempt, Hybrid Remote)
Organization: Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, Inc.
Location: Boston, MA
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción is a dynamic community development corporation in Boston’s South End. IBA’s mission is to empower and engage individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
This position is for you if you:
- Want to be part of a mission-driven organization serving the evolving needs of Boston’s Puerto Rican and Latino-identified community.
- Work collaboratively to support overall fundraising and communications as a key partner to the Chief Development Officer.
- Have experience maintaining efficient department operations that strengthen and build relationships with supporters and partners.
- Would like to oversee management of the donor database, coordinate communication and social media initiatives and provide admin support to the Development & Communications team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES
Database Management (50%)
- Using Salesforce, perform all data entry for fundraising, communications and event planning.
- Performs regular Salesforce database maintenance and clean-up projects to ensure data integrity and accessibility.
- Runs reports and mailing lists
- Prints and mails donor thank you letters and other fundraising appeals within a specific timeline
- Integrates and manages email addresses
- Serving as liaison to vendors such as mail-houses, wealth screening, or address update services
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for data entry
- Manages existing database codes and tables and adding new ones as strategies dictate
- Maintains users and security settings for the system as Administrator for the department
- Makes recommendations for database systems improvement as appropriate
Communications Support (20%)
- Solicits, compiles, stories/materials for monthly eNews and other IA communication vehicles
- Organizes, catalogs, and maintains media coverage, media archives, and photo library for department
General Admin Support (30%)
- Takes meeting minutes for Institutional Advancement weekly meetings, including Campaign meetings
- Prepares materials for weekly department meetings
- Liaison with Finance department and reconcile department income
- Oversees inventory and purchasing of office supplies for department
- Organizes online files for department
- Prepares data pulls from database for funder reports and department meetings
- Basics prospect research on current and prospective funders
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks as needed under the direction of the Chief Development Officer
- Other duties as assigned.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum 2 years of non-profit fundraising/development/communications and event planning experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as a team member
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Google Drive, online platforms and internet research skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Salesforce
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Desktop publishing, graphic design and website design experience a plus!
- Project management skills, with the ability to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including, the ability to provide helpful, diplomatic support to donors, Board members and other external stakeholders.
- Good moral character and integrity, strong sense of confidentiality, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
IBA is proud to offer very competitive $65,000 salary, commensurate with experience, and a robust benefit plan that includes an 80/20 premium cost share for comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance; a generous HRA provided by the company ($8,700 or $17,400 based on single and family coverage) and other built in supports that significantly reduces or eliminates out of pocket medical expenses. We offer a 401K plan with annual employer contribution, generous paid time off and free parking (limited availability).
IBA is located in Boston’s historic South End in the multiculturally rich community of Villa Victoria. We value teamwork and collaboration, believe in developing leaders and foster a culture of excellence. Our commitment to inclusion, equity, empowerment and community building is inherent in IBA’s mission, imbedded in our values and demonstrated in the ways we work together to achieve mission impact and outcome goal.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to: ibaboston.isolvedhire.com
As an EOE/AA employer, IBA will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.