Resident Services Coordinator
RESUME & COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high quality affordable housing, education and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for promoting programs and efforts that enhance our residents’ quality of life and that help build a healthy community. S/he works to enhance the ability of residents to uphold their lease obligations, such as paying rent on time, taking proper care of the unit, and ensuring quiet enjoyment of the property for all residents and surrounding neighbors. S/he ensures the provision of program support and/or intervention for individuals and families through the coordination of community resources. S/he provides case management to ensure participants access supportive services. Reports to Resident Services Program Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaison between residents and property management company; supports in the planning, co-facilitates, and participates in monthly Property Management meetings.
- Assesses the needs of residents (families, youth, and elderly) at intake and prepares comprehensive service plans for engagement, referral and follow-up.
- Provides case management ensuring that all participants receive consistent, ongoing services through making referrals to appropriate programs and agencies.
- Utilizing the intake assessment, develops collaboratively with the resident a service plan that incorporates working with other IBA programs, Property management, and other external resources.
- Works closely with other collaterals to support case management services as required by the participant.
- Meets monthly or as needed with the property management team and reports on progress with residents who have been referred.
- Meets with new residents, typically within the first month of move-in for orientation to programs, services and to the neighborhood.
- Develops, plans and coordinates educational, health services and recreational programs, services, trainings, and activities, that enable and empower residents to live successfully in a cooperative community environment.
- Provides advocacy, translation and interpreting services to residents, as needed.
- Works in collaboration with IBA programs and other community providers, to coordinate services and promote continuity of services.
- Maintains a consortium of providers that can bring services to residents.
- Prepares newsletter and calendar to inform residents of on-going and special in-house activities as well as to encourage their participation.
- Conducts outreach to and builds trusting relationship with residents and community stakeholders.
- Supports families impacted by violence and trauma. Maximizes the potential of family advocacy by contributing to advocacy strategies.
- In collaboration with the Director of Resident Services Programs and the Senior Program Director, develops work plan, objectives and targets for the program based on Program’s outcomes and IBA’s mission and overall strategy.
- Collaborates with other programs as required to grow and develop the Resident Services program.
- Attends trainings, forums, and conferences for professional growth.
- Fosters partnerships and relationships with other community-based organizations, police, parents, and businesses among others to enhance the family wellness and safety.
- Aligns program partnerships to ensure that IBA has a consistent strong network.
- Represents the agency at internal and external meetings as needed.
- Maintains monthly and annual data regarding client participation, referrals, length of stays in program, outputs, outcomes, etc.
- Participates fully on the organization of annual Agency events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, annual meeting, and other events related to the community.
- Carries out ad hoc duties as needed to ensure IBA maintains its effectiveness.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in Social Work (Children, Youth and Families or Geriatrics), preferred
- Licensed Social Worker, preferred.
- One to three years of case management experience with families or geriatric populations, preferred.
- Experience working in community-based settings, knowledge/prior relationship with South End/Lower Roxbury neighborhood, preferred.
- Supervisory experience, preferred.
- Experience in partnership management and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual Spanish-English, required.
- Strong administrative, organizational skills and attentive to details.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- Experience with program evaluation, data collection and analysis.
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data base software applications, required.
- Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Customer Services Oriented.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: /jobs