Resident Services CoordinatorFull Time
RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Full-Time)
Organization: Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, Inc.
Location: Boston, MA
FLSA Classification: Non - Exempt
Supervisor: Resident Services Program Director
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción is a dynamic community development corporation in Boston’s South End. IBA’s mission is to empower and engage individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
This position is for you if you:
- Want to be part of a mission-driven organization serving the evolving needs of Boston’s Puerto Rican and Latino-identified community.
- Are comfortable in a dynamic , fast-paced environment.
- Are service oriented, willing to go the extra mile.
- Enjoy working with youth, elderly and families.
- Can prioritize competing interests, juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Are a collaborative team member and an effective Communicator.
- Are Spanish / English bilingual
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Liaison between residents and property management company; plans and participates in property management meetings.
- Assesses the needs of residents at intake and creates service plans that include internal and external resources.
- Provides case management to residents ; making referrals to appropriate programs and agencies.
- Meets with new residents in first month of move-in for orientation to programs, services and community.
- Promotes programs that enhance our residents’ quality of life and that help build a healthy community.
- Enhances the ability of residents to uphold their lease obligations such as paying on time, taking proper care of their unit and ensures the provision of program support and/or intervention for individuals and families through the coordination of community resources.
- Develops, plans and coordinates educational, health services and recreational programs, services, trainings, and activities for resident participation.
- Provides advocacy, translation and interpreting services to residents, as needed.
- Works in collaboration with IBA programs and other community providers, to coordinate services and promote continuity of services.
- Maintains a consortium of providers that can bring services to residents.
- Prepares newsletter and calendar to inform residents of on-going and special in-house activities as well as to encourage their participation.
- Conducts outreach to and builds trusting relationship with residents and community stakeholders and promote knowledge of our services and activities that benefit residents.
- Supports families impacted by violence and trauma. Maximizes the potential of family advocacy by contributing to advocacy strategies.
- In collaboration with RS Director, develop work plans, objectives and targets.
- Foster partnerships with other community orgs in support of wellness and safety.
- Represent agency at external meetings.
- Maintain monthly and annual data regarding client participation, outputs, outcomes etc.
- Participates fully on the organization of annual Agency events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, annual meeting, and other events related to the community.
- Carries out ad hoc duties as needed to ensure IBA maintains its effectiveness.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters in Social Work (children, Youth & Families or Geriatrics) preferred
- 1 – 3 years case management experience with families or geriatric populations, preferred
- Experience working in community-based settings, knowledge/ prior relationship with South End/ Lower Roxbury neighborhood, preferred.
- Spanish – English bilingual language skills required
- Strong administrative, organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Effective working with others to reach common goals.
- Ability to convey complex ideas though brief simple materials
- Computer literacy with knowledge of spreadsheet and date base software
- Good moral character, mature judgment and strong sense of responsibility and dedication
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse populations preferred
- Experience working with outreach and coordination of events.
- Customer service oriented
- Able to work flexible schedule
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive starting pay range of $55,000 - $65,000 (annualized equivalent), commensurate with experience, robust insurance plans for health, dental and vision; Flexible Spending Account (FSA) ; a generous HRA plan provided by IBA for out-of-pocket medical expenses - up to $8,550 or $17,100 based on single and family coverage, respectively; 401K plan with annual employer contribution. IBA staff enjoy generous amount of paid time off and free parking (some limits apply).
IBA is located in Boston’s historic South End in the multiculturally rich community of Villa Victoria. We value teamwork and collaboration, believe in developing leaders and foster a culture of excellence. Our commitment to inclusion, equity, empowerment and community building is inherent in IBA’s mission, imbedded in our values and demonstrated in the ways we work together to achieve mission impact and outcome goal.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to: ibaboston.isolvedhire.com
As an EOE/AA employer, IBA will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.